Saturday, June 13, 2009

A bit of an update.

So, it's been awhile since I've actually updated. So I will actual update. It's been awhile, so I'll start off with my surprise graduation party.

Well, it wasn't a surprise for many reasons. The biggest reason is that my step dad blurted it out the day before. But, my mom threw a pretty good shindig. There was BBQ, Speech from my Grandmother, and most importantly, my family was there. It was awesome. I really do love my nieces, sister-in-law, brother, mother and step dad. But what was nicer is that extended family showed up, and my mentor from work showed up. I was really thankful for their presence and presents.

Yesterday I set out see apartments. I found one. I found a 1058 square foot apartment for ~825 dollars a month. Which is a freaking steal if you ask me. I do not have pictures of that yet, but it is a truly awesome apartment. No one has lived in it, cement and tough insulation so no neighbor noise bothers me, and the complex owners seem pretty ethical and transparent. I'm a bit skeptical, but we will see.

Also yesterday, I was rewarded with a new car! A 2009 Ford Escape. Named Buddy (because while driving around town, I kept seeing them around and I'd call them a buddy). There's a lot I like about this car. Monetarily, it's a down grade from a Lexus, and that's ok with me. The Lexus isn't a car for me. I will admit I might miss a few things about it, but it is ok. The Lexus will stay with the family.

PICS: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: